15 March 2007

Another Look At Iraq's Oil Law

For Your Consideration


I recently did a piece on the new Iraqi Oil Law and I was none too polite to the prospect of this law. I presented a bunch of other considerations that were not reported in the US media about this law. Some might say that I was damn right rude to the Bush Administration. I would like to take this opportunity to say this about my statements and to the Bush Administration--Tough nuggies, numb nuts! I realize that I am just alittle voice in a massive crowd all yelling this and that, but I will be on record as to the outcome of this law and the dipsticks that gave birth to it.

OK Class a few questions--What is Unocal? Who is Zalmay Khalilizad? (A short pause for thought.) NO takers?

Unocal? A massive US multinational oil corporation with tentacles all over the world, especially Afghanistan and Iraq.

Zalmay Khalilizad? The US present ambassador to Iraq and soon to be the ambassador to the UN for the US. He exerted pressure, heavy pressure on the the Iraqi government to pass the new Iraqi oil law, even to the point of dictating a good portion of the final terms.

Now that we have adequately defined these two, the next question is--what do they have in common? (another short pause for thought.) Give up?

And the answer is---Unocal! What!?! Zalmay Khalilizad is a past employee of Unocal. Unocal was working on a deal that would give Unocal a pipeline through Afghanistan before the Taliban came to power. At the time he was a special envoy to Afghanistan. Now he seems to be involved in the birth of an new oil law in Iraq that heavily favors US oil companies. Coincidence?

Not on your life and I mean that both physically and literally. I do not believe in coincidences in international policies.

And now he will become the new US ambassador to the UN. Could that be his reward for a job well done in Iraq? Well, you do the math--he will not leave Iraq until the oil law thing is settled. As they say from the past, "old habits die hard."

Now ask yourself, what country will he influence next for his former employer?

CHUQ
13/03/07

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems