12 May 2007

Is Smoking Obnoxious?

Why do I ask the question? well, the movie industry is considering getting some movies with smoking a"R" rating. CNN reported that a lot of people find it obnoxious. Well, Is it?

(Lengthy Pause For Comment)

I will answer this for you, I do not would want too many brain farts to cloud the subject. NO! It is not obnoxious! Screaming brats on planes, that's obnoxious. Driver talking on cels, is obnoxious. A 300 lb woman or man in a bikini, well I cannot say that is obnoxious, but damn sure scary!

I reality, I find ALL politicians obnoxious. I find the greed that has a grip on the A,erican people, obnoxious. I also find war, obnoxious and lastly, I see the ignoring of poor people by the pundits in Washington, the most obnoxious of the obnoxious.


CHUQ

2 comments:

MemeMarie said...

Wow! I cannot even say how much I agree with you on this one. This is ridiculous. I saw on the news that out of X number of the past years blockbusters, 74% showed smoking and somewhere around 54% of kids say they picked up smoking because they saw it on movies... PLEEEZZZEE. I think that's BS, personally. They were all probably getting interviewed, so they answered with what they thought they should say. Or maybe I am just not easily influenced by others, but either way, I think it's bull. I could add quite a number of "obnoxious" behaviors to your list, along with sharing some with you (cell phones, screaming kids - doesn't matter where they are!), whiny people (not just for kids anymore) - well, I agree.

Can you believe that Disney's 101 Dalmatians could actually carry the new rating? Would I still show it to my g-kids? YES. Cruella Deville is an evil character in that movie, it's not as though she taught the puppies how to inhale. again... pleeezzzee!

I have a rant and rave type thing to write about in my blog, hopefully I will get it there today. About something that happened yesterday while shopping. I also have been working on a piece for my Mom for Mother's Day, since I didn't know what to get her and she loves my writing, I thought "What better gift than a tribute to her from me"?... Have a good one, Professor... which reminds me, should I call you Chuq or Professor on your blog? Sorry, you seem like Professor to me. :-)I mean it out of respect here, or the forum, so...let me know Thanks for letting me rant!

Rod said...

Great Blog and interesting observations and comments. I have visited more than 129 different countries in the last 30 years and would love to share thoughts with you in the future. In the meantime Glad I found you. Please visit our community about 13 year old Alex from Ethiopia.

Visit Alex web site today and discover the true, heart warming story of faith and prayers. Read how this young Ethiopian street child is being rescued from a certain death on the streets of Addis Ababa. DISCOVER THE REAL LIFE STORY OF HOPE AND SUCCESS FOR ALEX Link to us today and follow the progress as Alex adjusts to the safe world in Europe where he will hopefully soon get a good education and health. http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems