29 March 2008

Earth Hour

I am posting this on several of my many blogs. I just want to try and help the movement as much as I can. Since the media is ignoring this silent protest, I thought I would try and get it out there a bit.

The World Wildlife Fund said millions of people in the United States and around the globe will turn off or dim their lights Saturday in support of Earth Hour.

The event, designed as a statement about climate change, will roll through 14 time zones at 8 p.m. Saturday night, starting in Christchurch, New Zealand, and wrapping up in San Francisco.

Some of the tallest buildings in the United States, including the John Hancock Building in Chicago and the Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta, will turn off their lights. The Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks will turn off select non-essential lighting on the exterior of their stadiums and arenas and McDonald's will turn off its golden arches in the Chicago area, WWF said in a release.

Help them as much as possible, there is already enough people ignoring the fact that the planet is DYING!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems