Within HR 1955, section 899D, part b says:
- `(b) Purpose- It shall be the purpose of the Center to study the social, criminal, political, psychological, and economic roots of violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism in the United States and methods that can be utilized by Federal, State, local, and tribal homeland security officials to mitigate violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism.
- `(c) Activities- In carrying out this section, the Center shall--
- `(1) contribute to the establishment of training, written materials, information, analytical assistance and professional resources to aid in combating violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism;
- `(2) utilize theories, methods and data from the social and behavioral sciences to better understand the origins, dynamics, and social and psychological aspects of violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism;
- `(3) conduct research on the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism; and
- `(4) coordinate with other academic institutions studying the effects of violent radicalization and homegrown terrorism where appropriate.
Does anyone else see a trend here? Yes, it is legal-ese but the wording is there for it to be used as a domestic spying program and if need be the establishment of martial law in the US. You need to read this stuff before you get into a situation that you cannot change before the damage is done.