17 April 2007

Virginia Tech Shootings

Now, hopefully, everyone is aware of the tragedy on the campus of VA tech, if not, please do me a favor and stay away from my Blog. The Media has found a easy story that they can analyze to death. For them it is easier than finding some other subject to cover. Why? A built in story that takes NO imagination to report.

Please do not misunderstand me, this is a tragedy and unacceptable behavior by a demented individual.

The media is analyzing this from every angle and I would suspect that the perpetrator's penis was small and his feeling of inadequancy drove him to his acts. Not funny? I agree, but just watch the news and see the utter scrambling by the media to find a hook for the next "live" report.

I will do my best to explain things for those who think more slowly than others.

How could this happen?

A guy with guns shot people! That pretty much sums it up.

Why did he do it?

He was a demented individual that had access to guns and he used them.

What is the reaction?

Students are traumatized--students are dead--students are wounded--shooter is dead--law enforcement is scratching their heads in amazement. Anything else?

What are the implications?

American society needs help--lots of help! Media, with its never ending coverage, will assist any other demented a/hole, contemplated such an action, to decide to play this deadly game. This occurance, someone shooting someone, is a daily thing -- and for that reason, it is a cultural thing.

Let's see 50+ students injured or dead; the worst school shooting on record. What else do you need to know? How many died in Iraq and Afghanistan, yesterday? My point is--the students were not the only deaths yesterday. Move on and let the campus try to heal itself. The more coverage you give this, the more copycats will appear. If the thinking is cover this so that it willnever happen again--then you a/holes are dreaming!

The stupidity of the interviews--a woman says, "I heard shots", a guy says, "he starting shooting" another student says he was shooting; ok you ass wipes, I got it the guy had guns and was shooting. How many times must we be told that fact. Let me see now, students are dead from gunshot wounds, right? I think that I have enough intelligence to figure out how they got that way. And it is also obvious to me that if you heard shots; someone has a gun. Please!

Why does the news media seem to think that they have to get us every angle? I say report on the act and then any new developements and give it a F*CKING rest. Apparently, most of the viewing public has IQ and shoe size about the same.


CHUQ

5 comments:

MemeMarie said...

I hear ya on this one. It certainly is an opportunity for the media to get a "built-in" story as you put it (I like that!)I agree, it is a terrible tragedy, but I am already sick to death of all those stupid questions they ask - what the hell do they think the answers are???? DUH!
If one of the victims were my family or friend, I certainly wouldn't want the media doing the amt of coverage they are doing. How must those people feel? I think it's a shame to go on and on like they are, they do need to give it a rest somewhat, if only for the families sakes.

CHUQ said...

As I have said, this story will linger for days, I mean, they still have not ID all the victims, so that should be good for more of the same, as they will talk to everyone and I mean everyone from the pizza delivery guy to the janitor.

I believe I have enough info right now to adequately grasp the situation and the scope. NOW MOVE ON!

MemeMarie said...

Pizza guy and janitor, ha ha!
But, that is the truth. They just won't leave this alone. I got a few people thinking about this issue last night, on a soap opera forum, of all things. When there, you are not supposed to talk about off-topic things, but since they brought up the shootings, and were talking about it, I bit. I was talking to people, who for the most part, do not pay attention to the news unless it involves them directly. This shooting directly affected a certain person, and that person took the opportunity to say how nice it was that Bush showed up and everything. I could not hold back, so I told them my thoughts about how media coverage works, the deaths in Iraq that aren't on daily like they should be, etc. I thought I would get thrown off, one for being off topic, and two for being political, but you know what? People HEARD me and they listened... Maybe (and hopefully) they learned something. I know that I have come a long way, just since joining PN and discussing the issues. That is what I told these people, get in there and figure out what the hell is going on. Don't be spoon fed. I will copy and paste a couple of the posts, though not all, wouldn't want to bore you. I also am including my first post on this subject there:(for background, this started b/c someone complained that some soaps weren't played b/c of the media coverage, and some complained that that was unfeeling b/c it affects every american... Need I say more as to why I had to speak up?

Posted by marieinmaine at Tuesday, April 17 2007 05:40 PM

Well... here I go. If opinions are flying off topic, I will give mine. I don't know who Lily_rules is, or any of you for that matter, but I feel so strongly about this. Let me say first and foremost - What happened is a TERRIBLE tragedy. There is no other way to put it. But, the networks carry stories that bring them money. That's the plain truth. Every day we lose Americans in a war that most Americans don't feel we should be in. Ever wonder why the news stations don't interrupt our soaps every day? Because we would get tired of hearing about it, and might do something to stop all this loss of life in Iraq. That would mean that we would be going against our president/govt, however you want to look at it.

Personally, I don't think that Lily_rules meant anything by that post other than, it is news and we all have news channels and believe me, they are all covering this important story, as well they should be... BUT... If you're looking for political correctness, give our troops as much air time. Their loss is just as much a tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers do go out to all the families and friends of these people, I cannont imagine the grief they must feel.
I also want to say that I am sorry if my posts have snubbed anyone, but come one people... think about how news is covered, and why, then maybe you'll see my point.


Posted by Fruitynutbar at Tuesday, April 17 2007 08:57 PM

Marieinmaine, you really have it going on. I agree with everything you said and couldn't have put it better myself. Each life lost ( American or not) is equally tragic and the fact that Bush had anything to do with today's ceremony was stomach =churning and the height of hypocrisy.


Posted by La Libra at Tuesday, April 17 2007 10:23 PM
marieinmaine,
I love your comments. It's about time someone recognized those of us in uniform.

CHUQ said...

Congrats girl and I have seen a increase in your input, that is good and you see sometimes people listen and understand. It is a good feeling, isn't it?

MemeMarie said...

Yes, it it a good feeling! I didn't include all my posts, nor all that followed, just wanted to give you somewhat of a representation of what went on.

I have learned sooo much since joining PN, that it is incredible. I thought I was up on the news and everything before that, but... NOT... Probably how most Americans think, although from past experience, even when I was only partly paying attention to the news, I found others that didn't even know as much as I did about the news stories, I think some people LIKE being uninformed. News used to scare me, I didn't want to hear it, it was almost like if I ignored it, I could almost pretend these terrible things weren't happening.

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems