28 April 2007

Healthcare

An Alternative Healthcare Proposal


For years, the most pressing problem that the US faces is that of adequate healthcare for all the American people. Leaders have toyed with the problem, the people have wanted more, presidents have given it tons of lip service, but yet no one has an idea that will work. It either would cost too much money or it would not be politically advantageous or........and the beat goes on. To date there is still no adequate healthcare or a workable plan. My question is--how long will they debate and promise and ......?

I have had a thought on one possible path they could be taken to help the American people with adequate healthcare. And the really good part of it, it will not add much cost to the system that would needed to be funded by more taxes.

But I start I want to make it clear that this plan is for doctors and visists it will not encompass hospitalizationof any kind. The easy part would be the doctor's end of the equation, the hospital part will take a massive plan to fix it. This then is just a small part of the problem, but could be fixed with little increase to the American people.

This is a plan that I sent to my Congressman several years ago and his reply had nothing to do with what I had outlined. In other words, the pig did not read it and some low level gopher sent me a reply to my proposal. Needless to say, I have little use for my congressman, who by the way is still on my dime in Washington.


First let us start with seemingly unrelated problems; the healthcare of the American people and those who default on their student loans. Is there a connection? Well, yeah! One of the worst abusers of non-payment of student loans are those in the medical field; doctors to be more exact.

There have been many plans over the years to try an get the money out of these abusers, but most were a dismal failure. One such plan, the doctor would go where the US needed him/her and work until the loan was paid down. Not bad, but unfortunately, there were always loopholes that allowed the people to escape from this plan.

My proposal is simple, the doctor opens a clinic in Willacuchi, Ga and begins seeing patients. He would then choose a day a week that the poor would be treated. The amount of the visit, supplies and medication that he used that day would be deducted from his loan balance and this would be continued until the entire loan was paid off. NO ESCAPE CLAUSES!

The doctor, no matter what city or town, would not have to give up their private practice or their goals of riches accumulation. The Dept. of Health and Human Services would monitor the transactions, to keep them honest.

This proposal will not eliminate the need for more sweeping changes in the healthcare of Americans, but it woiuld be a start at helping those who cannot afford to visit the doctor on regular basis. Those people who do not have insurance or money enough for doctors appointments. I realize that this is simplistic and if the government gets involved it might become a nightmare, but it is a start

It would not take DHHS long to come up with a satisfactory method of determining who is in need and who is scamming. This would not be that difficult and I say why not give it a try?


CHUQ

31/03/07

2 comments:

MemeMarie said...

You're right- it is a pressing American problem for the American people. IMO, there is no need for the lack of medical care that we have. No excuse whatsoever. What are we #1 in now? I feel healthcare should be a top priority, but it has not been. As you mentioned, the politicians give us a lot of talk (as usual) but nothing ever seems to change.

I know a lot of people without any healthcare coverage. I have some coverage, I say some, because in my situation, I can go see the doctor, I can recieve most of the tests ordered, but what about the meds to cover these conditions? For example, my doctor has prescribed me Lidocaine patches for my pain, but can I get them? No. IF I were diabetic I would fit the "criteria" for them. That's rediculous, since my pain is higher (and they know it) than diabetic neuropathic pain (Or, at the very least is equal to it)So, why can't I receive these patches? Because someone sitting behind a desk has decided that I don't qualify, I am not in enough pain, they have to make cuts somewhere. I have heard all the excuses there are, but what it comes down to, is that these "companies", HMO's, private insurance, state insurance for the poor, etc, have made unrealistic guidelines.

But some of the stories I have read about make me realize I am luckier than some. I say lucky, since I know there are people who are being denied medical treatment for cancer, etc.

Should Americans settle for second class healthcare? No. But, the age old question of "what to do, what to do?"

I like your idea of a doctor donating one day of medical care, btw. I know doctors are one of the biggest offenders of not paying back their college funding, and this should absolutely NOT be allowed, it is a shame.

CHUQ said...

THanx for visiting Marie. We have discussed the candidates and their stances on this. They , as far as I can tell, have no good plan other than the standard vague BS at election time.

They can find money for expansionist policy, but yet the American people have to endure on their own.. This is not the way to run a country.

About Me

My photo
The truth is never as obvious as it seems