I recently wrote a piece about a peace for the ME--in nthe recent past I have been thinking about why a 2 state solution may not work. these are my reason.
1) The land area is too narrow to accommodate two states living side by side.
2) Two states would come into conflict, because the land of each, they believe, forms part of the land of the other, and each statelet would feel threatened by the other party.
3) Neither could absorb Jewish immigrants and Palestinian refugees.
4) Each party has settlements on the land of the other. At least one million Palestinians live in the so-called State of Israel and about half a million Israelis, at least, currently live in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Other sects include the Druze, Catholics, Christians and Muslims. The area provides a model for integration and co-existence.
5) The workers in Israeli factories are Palestinians.
6) Mutual reliance, if not integration, in respect of goods and services.